Fgiving 23 - Emergency Services
SEND ME WRITEUPS TO IMMORTALIZE IN TRUDGE HISTORY FOREVER
Here's my official account of Fgiving 2018 for posterity. Ariel added some stuff.
This was my fifth Fgiving overall (my first as an alum) and I loved every minute of it. A big shout out to Charles, Tibbers, Sklar, and Steve for doing all the organizing. Additional credit goes to Ariel for letting me stay at her place even though she didn’t sleep there either night. Also, there are five people with Strut/Trudge tattoos now (Awhole, Andrea, Charles, Yvonne, and Sacha) and I think that’s awesome.
I had a late lunch on Friday instead of pre-forty hands dinner, and that was a mistake. Here’s what I do remember from the party:
- Meeting all the Strut rookies and telling Nancy how proud of Strut I am and how impressed I am with the rookies.
- Evidence from my phone suggests I finished my forties around 45 minutes faster than last year. Maybe not eating first is helpful?
- Mike Genovese had some cheese that he was feeding us. I think it was a pile of slices of swiss, I definitely ate some of it.
- I went to the bathroom by myself maybe once all night. There was one point where there were five girls in the downstairs bathroom at the same time. Go Strut!
- Thank you to whoever made the jello shots in the downstairs fridge.
- Euan threw up on me when I was trying to help him. JG ended up helping him because I remember him opening the door to the bathroom while Euan booted.
- Leaving the rest of my Thunder Mountain Curry in the fridge was a great idea, except I ended up feeding most of it to other people.
- I hit the left half of my face against something and didn’t notice until I woke up Saturday morning.
- Michelle fell down the stairs.
- A big pot lid broke in the downstairs kitchen and glass went everywhere.
- We forgot to wash our 40’s!
My goals for the fields were to not embarrass myself, place in the top three of the ladies pull contest, and to get the Strut rookies to do the skills competition. I managed to do the last two,
so I’ll call that a win. One of the Strut rookies got a nosebleed mid-point and had to come off the field. Amy triaged it nicely with a tampon. We did pictures in the wrong order and I’m surprised by how okay with it the rookies were. Where can I find the rookie butts picture from 2015?
Irish coffee after dinner turned out to be a great idea. So was coffee with ice cream in it.
The Saturday night party was quite a lot of fun and was WAY less destructive than usual. Having “break down a door” be a challenge was a terrible idea, but other than that door and the amount of shredded cheese ground into the carpet, the house went pretty unscathed. When the challenges were given out, most of the other alumni on the Firefighters weren’t there yet so we got out to a late start. That being said, I guess we won?
My memory of Saturday night isn’t as bad as Friday night’s was, but I still don’t remember all of it:
- I got Buffaloed on my first drink and didn’t grab a new drink for a while after because I had to hand out challenges. I remember drinking water while telling Zoe that I was too sober.
- Someone broke Steve’s skateboard in half.
- I threw a bottle of dish soap at Anna because the kitchen floor wasn’t soapy enough.
- Tabitha did a disc in around 7 minutes and all the women downstairs congratulated her on it. I’m pretty sure that this is when we all started kissing each other because “women supporting women” and “the big gay”. There was also some over the shirt boob touching.
- Amy Farquharson was the Best Rookie and didn’t know any of the alumni, so I ran around the house with her finding alumni to sign her jersey. She told me she thought she’d get the tattoo, but no concrete plans were made and we never told her it had to be that night. I think she might get it still, can a current check on this?
- I don't think either the 1st or 2nd place boy rookie made it to the party.
- At one point my drink was Mio beer with bits of shredded cheese. It tasted better than it sounds.
- Someone put olive oil in all the crossfire beer.
- Bear turkey basted tequila into my beer twice. The first time I just got a new beer, the second time I gave up and drank it.
- At midnight I got very excited about Emmett turning 21 and he did an ice and I shotgunned a beer VERY casually. I think I started to realize how drunk I was when I had trouble figuring out how to shotgun properly.
- Ariel discovered that pretzels plus vanilla ice cream is magical.
- After Duffy showed up with my milkshake and cookies, I left for Bella’s with Carl, Bobby, and Kelsey.
- I felt very prepared because I brought my own caffeine pills. Ariel used one to make a caffeinated beverage.
- Ariel brought around 10 hard seltzers and drank all of them. I forgot to ask her for them when I was around her.
I blame Ariel for my not going to frolf on Sunday. She didn’t get back from Steve’s until it was almost time for me to leave for the airport.
Someone from the AirBnb should add something because I wasn’t there, but it needs to be noted that Ian both shotgunned a raw egg and did a line of Emergen-C.
It all started late Thursday night/early Friday morning. I flew in at 10:30pm and I got picked up by Garrett, his wife, and Charles coming home from indoor league. We got back to Troy and entered the rental house I got. Cylon showed up shortly thereafter and it was time to head to the Ruck. Several bundys later and I blacked in at my old room in fhouse to a very sleepy and confused Makayla. I don't know how long I stayed there but the next thing I remember was waking up next to charles in the master bedroom of the house feeling like my brain had turned into cement. I blinked away the pain and got up to shower and immediately vomited. Friday proceeded roughly the same way for me as Cylon pretended to do his work and braved the cold to get me pedialyte. around 5pm it was time to migrate to fhouse and get 40s and andre. Stove knobs were already gone. We decided on doing 40 hands on Friday this year. Some other alumni were drinking in fhouse and currents were in their rooms weirdly ignoring us. Maybe mentally bracing themselves for the weekend, I don't know. I was still in no condition to drink so I taped people up and introduced myself to the currents when they finally got to the house. a bunch of people started to drink early and the game was underway. Jmac allegedly won. The upstairs became completely soaked in vomit because the currents proved once again that they are not as good at drinking as alumni are. Adam Alper was not amused. Cut to Saturday morning. Step and Dand made 31 eggs and bacon at the rental house before frisbee (what a pair of lads). Frisbee was on lower renwyck this year. We had lots of leftover malt liquor and champagne; charles ordered 200 40's and 100 andres. Needless to say brass monkeys were a popular drink at the fields. I wore my cat onesie and team firefighters perfected the stop-drop-and-roll cheer. Zac showed up with an igloo full of hot chocolate. The weather was cold--high 30s--but dry and sunny. We had a fancy new accuracy board to play with. I didn't catch my TRC or KRC (kick-run-catch) attempt but at least I looked good laying out in the onesie. Emet pioneered his new TRKRC and caught one for 100 feet. EMTs won the hat tournament. The alumni-currents game was even more of a joke than usual, we won it 15-2. Everybody went up on the hill for pictures and the rookies were hesitant to show butt (why? it's not like your faces are in the picture). After a quick shower and a fungal snack it was off to the traditional fgiving dinner at sage upstairs. Step and ben couldn't make it for totally non-drug related reasons. After the usual fare charles and I stepped on to the stage and everyone clapped at us for no reason. I don't know why but it was awesome. We decided to take a crack at presenting the skills competition announcements, which neither of us had prepared for and I was definitely feeling like a fun guy. Russ stepped in and did a great job as MC. Grin and Emily Heath were the respective male and female overall winners although Grin's score is definitely suspect. Dand probably actually won. Top rookies were Amy F. and Jesse Hartman. Jesse was not there to accept his prize so it went to Casey. Neither were sure about getting the tattoo (but Amy was at least a little intrigued). After obtaining a group photo and snagging the leftovers, it was time to change back into costume and do the theme party at fhouse. The theme was first responders and the four teams were firefighters, cops, EMTs, and FEMA. The currents were found looking at a keg like it was some sort of wounded animal. charles and I "gently" encouraged them to start drinking it. The theme challenges went out around 9:45 and then all hell broke loose. beers were shotgunned, boats were raced, doors were broken down. disasters happened periodically and teams were playing each other in crossfire, disc races, etc. I played the most interesting game of elimination blow pong in my entire life and lost to a current. Dingo informed me that he had made two additional copies of the "break down a door" challenge so I went to find and destroy the other two so that fhouse would not be doorless in the morning. russ found one for me and ate it. I ripped the other up. But still, the one broken door was put on sawhorses and used for death cup. Ingenuity! "Stir fry" by Migos played and we all danced with our dogs in the night time. At one point I think I walked in on two people having sex in the basement (gross). Sunday it was off to play frolf and basically no one showed up. Me and Ben tied for the lead with +5 but we didn't even feel like playing the tiebreaker because it was too damn cold.
-FGiving XXIII as told by Tibbers
- charles and tibbers took over management of fgiving
- jmac won 40s
- theme was first responders: firefigthers, cops, EMTs, FEMA
- 40-hands and team party swapped nights (40hands friday, party saturday), with mixed reviews
- alums beat currents 15-2
- RPI quidditch team beat trudge allstars 15-2
- grin won skillz for guys because the statskeepers gave him a good TRC score when in reality he got a 0. dand actually won
- emily won skillz for ladies
- ben west won frolf with an embarrassing +5. no pink jacket winners because no ladies competed.
- no new tattoos
- firefighters won party with 1 quintillion points
- kerns is the hottest firefighter
- ian shotgunned a raw egg
- house was destroyed less than usual. only casualty was a door?